An Update from Kitchen Tune-Up on COVID-19
We know this is an unsettling time as we continue to navigate through this “new normal” and we want to assure you that we are continuing to put safety first to ensure the health of our franchise owners, their customers and employees, and everyone we come in contact with. At Kitchen Tune-Up, we are continuing to innovate and adapt so that we can continue to provide the exceptional service our customers are used to.
Communication has always been one of our five Trustpoints and our local owners are communicating COVID protocol with every customer when scheduling consultations, before each workday, while on the job site, and at the end of each workday. The comfort level of the homeowner and employee is assessed before each project.
Since the rules surrounding construction during this time vary state by state, some areas are continuing to work as scheduled. Every Kitchen Tune-Up owner and employee is following recommendations as set by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention and discussing them with homeowners before coming into the home. These precautions include:
- Employees are required to take their temperature before arriving at the office to leave for job site. Any elevated temperature or other symptom must be reported to their manager and the employee must stay home
- Employees shall disinfect hands immediately upon entering home. Soap and towel will be provided by Kitchen Tune-Up
- All work surfaces will be wiped down with disinfectant before, during, and after work each day
- Employees will wash hands thoroughly every hour. Soap and towel will be provided by Kitchen Tune-up
- All surfaces touched, such as light switches and handles, will be disinfected
- Installations will be little to no contact visits for the homeowner
- The minimum number of employees will be on the job site each day
- Homeowners will be required to report any illnesses or recent exposure and are asked to make themselves comfortable in other areas of the home while employees are in their home.
Our locations now offer virtual appointments to take the place of our regular in-home estimates. These appointments allow homeowners to start or continue the conversation about their upcoming project and allow their project to move forward and get started before the pent-up demand starts. Our franchise owners are having these conversations on whichever platform the homeowner is most comfortable navigating. Through these unprecedented times, our goal is to provide you with the same level of service you’ve grown to expect from Kitchen Tune-Up over the past 32 years. Many of our locations are still operating as usual based on the guidelines set by their community. All are offering virtual appointments, and all are putting safety first when it comes to your home project. Please reach out to your local Kitchen Tune-Up franchise for questions on their safety guidelines, to set up a virtual appointment or to check their open status. Visit our Locations tab to locate the nearest Kitchen Tune-Up. Thank you for your supporting your locally owned Kitchen Tune-Up. Stay Safe and Stay Tuned, The Kitchen Tune-Up Home Office team