Frequently Asked Questions
How is Kitchen Tune-Up different from “traditional” remodeling?
Traditional kitchen remodelers usually want to tear everything out of your kitchen and start over from scratch—which normally takes 4 to 10 weeks, and costs $25,000 to $75,000+. We can actually do full, traditional kitchen remodeling, too (except much quicker, and for less money)—but most of our customers just want their kitchens to look fresh, new, and vibrant… but with only a fraction of the time and expense.
We always start with your cabinets—we have several different ways (see below) to bring them to life and give your kitchen a stunning new look. These options are far less expensive than you’d expect, and only take 2 to 5 days, start to finish. We can also compliment your new kitchen’s look with new countertops, a new backsplash, new flooring, and new faucets. The final result is a truly breathtaking transformation at a fraction for a fraction of the time and cost!
What are the different ways you can remodel my kitchen… and which is right for me?
We have five different ways to transform your kitchen; the right one for you depends on what you are trying to accomplish and your budget:
- Cabinet Refacing: This is the best fit if you want to change the color and style of cabinets, but don’t want a new layout (example: from woodgrain to white). We apply a veneer to your existing cabinet boxes, and replace the doors with the style and color you want. Refacing is very fast and affordable, and accounts for about 40% of the projects we do.
- Cabinet Re-dooring: If you like the color of your cabinets, but want a different style, re-dooring is a good option for you. Because we’re simply replacing your cabinet doors, it’s inexpensive, and can be done in a couple of days—even if you replace your countertop and backsplash. Re-dooring accounts for about 20% of our projects.
- Cabinet Painting: This is a great option for smaller budgets; in about 5 days you can revitalize and rejuvenate your kitchen and make it look like brand new! You’ll even have money left over for new countertops and backsplash to complete the transformation. About 15% of our projects are cabinet painting.
- Custom Cabinets: If you want a new layout in your kitchen, you’ll need to replace your existing cabinets with custom new ones. We can still do this in 5 days or less, and for far less money than other remodelers. You get exactly what you want, and still have money to replace your countertops, backsplash, and flooring. About 15% of our projects are new cabinets.
- Cabinet Tune-Up: If you have wood cabinets that are worn down, greasy, or grimy, our reconditioning process can give them new life and luster. Because it’s quick and very inexpensive, it’s popular for people who want to sell their homes, and want their old kitchens to look more presentable. About 10% of our projects are tune-ups.
Note that the percentages above are not exact, and vary from location to location. Part of our process is to discuss your situation and needs, and recommend the right way for you to remodel your kitchen.
Kitchen remodeling is supposed to take weeks… or months. How do you do it so fast?
In most cases, we are not doing a complete demo of your kitchen; we are simply adding new doors, refacing the boxes, and/or painting the existing cabinets—all of which can be done very quickly and inexpensively. Even when we replace your cabinets with new custom ones, our planning process allows us to complete the job in about 5 days. Precision planning also allows us to install new countertops, backsplashes, flooring, and lighting in that same time frame.
What about countertops, backsplash, flooring, lighting, and fixtures?
We can do all of it—it just depends on what you want to accomplish and your budget. We can do all of these things far faster and for less money than most traditional kitchen remodelers. Call us now to for a design consultation and a quote on your project!
Is there anything you don’t do?
We don’t sell or install appliances; however, we do give referrals to appliance stores in the area that we trust.
How do your financing plans work?
Our examples ($99 to $249 a month) are based on project prices of $3,000 to $15,000 for 84 months at 9.9% interest. We have several different financing plans to choose from—not all customers will qualify for these terms. Application and approval only takes a few minutes, and can be done while we are in your home for a design consultation. Approval is subject to the third-party lenders we use, but generally, if you have good credit and are employed full time, you can be approved at favorable rates. So in most cases, you don’t have to save for years to afford your dream kitchen—you can afford it now!
What percentage of projects fall in the $99 to $249 per month range?
Over 85%. You’d be shocked at how much we can do for very little money. The ones that exceed that amount are usually custom cabinets and complete replacement of countertops, backsplash, flooring, and fixtures. Call us for a free design consultation and quote to find out how much YOUR project will be!
Free Design Consultation & Quote!
What’s the best way for YOU to get more kitchen for less money? Our experienced designers can help you decide—and give you a quote—for free!
Check out these photos and descriptions of our projects from across the country. We’ve described each project, before and after. Get inspiration for changes you might like to make in your space.Check out our Project Gallery
Our Client Testimonials
We don’t only do good work, we understand that it’s often the little things that make the most difference when completing kitchen and bath projects. Read the comments from thrilled Kitchen Tune-Up clients who have had their expectations remodeled. Find a location nearest you.Read our client testimonials